-->

Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Beautiful Between by Alyssa B. Sheinmel

The review you are currently reading is on The Beautiful Between. The Beautiful Between was written by Alyssa B. Sheinmel. I would classify this book as Teen. I gave it a 4 star rating. I will explain later in this review.

I read this book in about 5 hours because I was so addicted. As soon as I had read the first page I found myself racing onto others. I love how the character compares her life to a fairytale. It makes you realize that life is a fairytale and you have to live it the way you want to. Anyway, back to the review, Alyssa Sheinmel's novel caught me after about 2 chapters. Connie had lost her Dad when she was about two, ever since then she had only spoken about him once with her mother. Now she was sixteen and needed to get to the bottom of her fathers death. Then the hottest boy in school, Jeremy Cole, notices her. He has never even spoken to her before so what was this all about. Could recent events affecting her reveal her fathers secret, or will life pass her by, along with the mystery of her fathers death?

I liked this book because of the way Sheinmel described Connies feelings. Connie seemed to have an opinion on almost anything, which I enjoyed reading. This is a beautiful book and shows how people cope after a death or a heartbreaking event. Connie seems to have changed rapidly after the events in The Beautiful Between.

Overall this book got a 4 star rating because I thought that there could have been more things happening. I prefer action books more than these type of steady conflict books. After all this I can say I mostly enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment