-->

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ascendant by Diana Peterfreund

The review you are currently reading is on Ascendant. It is 2nd of the Rampant series. Ascendant was written by Diana Peterfreund. I would classify this book as Teen. I gave it a 4 star rating. I will explain later in this review.

Astriod is now 16 and is still stuck at the Cloisters, unicorn hunters camp. Even though she is a great, unstoppable unicorn hunter, that doesn't mean that all her problems are solved. Her boyfriend, Giovanni, has left Rome and the other hunters powers are leaving their possesion. She is given the chance to leave the Cloisters to work with some unicorns, and some people searching for the remedy. Following her dream of being a scientist she willingly excepts. But Astriod soon starts questioning everything, her love, her friends, and her future. Where she is a truly good unicorn hunter, but could Astroid give hunting up? Can Astroid deal with losing everything she ever had? What would she give for the life she always wanted?

Firstly, I must say I thought this couldn't get any better, but it did. Wow. Acsendant really showed how Astriod has grown since her first experience with killer unicorns. I thought Astriod was in a relationship stuck with glue, but I was wrong, again.

Overall Ascendant is a really good book and a great compliment to Rampant. I totally recommend reading both. I love this series, and I bet you all will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment