-->

Friday, June 10, 2011

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

The review you are currently reading is on Delirium. Delirium was written by Lauren Oliver. I would classify this book as Teen. I gave it a 5 star rating. I will explain later in this review. 

Ok, you know when those forms ask you what your favorite book is and like a billion books go through your head, well for me this is the book I write down every time. It's beautiful meaning proves to you that there is nothing stronger than pure love. Lena has been told by the futuristic society that love is a disease, Deliria, and that it is very dangerous and can lead to death. When everyone in the United States turns 18 they get 'cleaned' (the disease taken out of them) and matched with someone else to live the rest of their lives with. They basically spend their lives with someone they don't love, and make a family without living. Lena can't wait to get all of this love out of her, until Alex, an Invalid from the Wilds, an exictence out of the society, turns up, and of course she falls for him. Now what she has to do is find a way around the society's twisted rules so she can be with Alex. This is one of the most inspiring novels I have ever read. Oh, and I am just saying I cried for like 2 or 3 hours after finishing this.

I loved this book because of the description and the feelings and emotions weaved into this. Lauren Oliver describes this so called disease with so much passion. Lena is a truly amazing character, just like this is a truly amazing book.

Overall Delirium is an incredible book, and one of the best books I have ever read. I would recommend this for anyone who wants to read a futuristic, heartbreaking, love story. I also loved Lauren Oliver's book Before I Fall. Great Author. Great Book. What more can I say...

2 comments:

  1. Wow Laura! Love your new blog! If you put up the followers button, I'll definitely follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay,
    I will soon
    Thank You
    Laura

    ReplyDelete